Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My 14 week old puppy has now started to go outside for walks and once we get home she goes absolutely nuts, more nuts than she does during her daily zoomies. And her biting that goes along with it can be a lot more intense than her paly time biting. Followed by a slumber.

I am worried we are not providing her with the correct energy on our walks and she is getting frustrated, is this normal in young pups?

·
Administrator
8,535 Posts
It's completely normal.
Kind of like their last hurrah before they crash.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Registered
Oscar, 14 months, Vizsla
25 Posts
I always imagine Oscar saying, when he comes from his play: "Oh my Goooosh, that was sooo muuuch fun! Did you have fun? I had like loads of fun!!! Do you want me to tell you about it? Do you, do you? So, we played with the ball like this and then I ran over there like that, then we met my friend and I chased him, and then...then...aaah, it's so cozy over here, I'll just finish the story tomorrow" - and 10 minutes later he is fast asleep :).

·
Registered
48 Posts
I always imagine Oscar saying, when he comes from his play: "Oh my Goooosh, that was sooo muuuch fun! Did you have fun? I had like loads of fun!!! Do you want me to tell you about it? Do you, do you? So, we played with the ball like this and then I ran over there like that, then we met my friend and I chased him, and then...then...aaah, it's so cozy over here, I'll just finish the story tomorrow" - and 10 minutes later he is fast asleep :).
Too funny and true 😂😂😂

·
Registered
6 Posts
Both of my Vs were like that..and actually sometimes still are..and they are 4 years and 1 year! They don't do the biting anymore...but after a run, they will sometimes come in the house and do a few zoomies from couch to couch across the house! Of course, I just stand there and laugh 😅...so amusing to watch. So yes..it is normal...they always had trouble calming themselves down..I had to physically lay with them, and pet them saying calm down.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Normal.
Our 2 run daily . 2 days ago 8 miles off leash thru woods/stream/swamp.
Came in the house and were instantly "fighting" Chased each other around the house. 10 minutes later they were asleep
We call it winding up to wind down..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Murphy does the same and he is 7 months old. Doesn’t do the biting but is super rambunctious and acts like he’s just trying to get in trouble and then BOOM, he’s out! 🤣

·
Registered
8 Posts
My vizsla, Ada, use to do that. I think they gradually learn how to calm down themselves. She is 10 months old and she goes straight forward to the sofa when we come back from a walk now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Our 5 mos does similar occasionally after a tiring event. Zooms around jumping on the couch, spinning, acts rebellious, then crashes

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hi everyone,

My 14 week old puppy has now started to go outside for walks and once we get home she goes absolutely nuts, more nuts than she does during her daily zoomies. And her biting that goes along with it can be a lot more intense than her paly time biting. Followed by a slumber.

I am worried we are not providing her with the correct energy on our walks and she is getting frustrated, is this normal in young pups?
Puppy is tired and needs a nap... feed it a snack and put her to bed....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts