Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Cozy Cave for their adult Vizsla? Trying to find the correct size. The XL looks HUGE, but is the Large big enough. We have a 7 month old male that is about 45-50 lbs now who just spent a week with someone who had two and instead of curling up in their bed, he LOOOOOVED this bed AND they didn't have to cover him. WIN, WIN. Here is the link to the site.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=20938

Thanks in advance for any information!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Although I don't have one for my boy, Willie, the Cozy Cave looks like it would be a hit! Sort of similar to the dog sleeping bags that RBD has posted about before. I guess if I were thinking about buying one, I would go with the XL. Your pup isn't done growing yet. My boy is 70 lbs. at six years old. The way I see it, a Cozy cave that's a little bit too big wouldn't really be a problem, but if it's a little bit too small, it WOULD be. :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
You must get the sale alert! :) I've been waiting for them to go on sale too. I have a couple friends with V's that have them. For their females ranging 40-50 lbs they bought the Large. For their males ranging 50-60 lbs they bought the XLarge. Hope that helps you choose.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I just ordered one. Ruby drives me crazy wanting to get under the covers. I got the large in Khaki since she is a petite girl. I will post pics once I get it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't have the Cozy Cave Bed for Ziva but I did order the fleece dog sleeping bag that RBD posted about and Ziva loves it... and I was amazed at the quality/heaviness of the bag. Everyone that comes in and sees it wants one too.... not for their dogs but for themselves! HA ;) When it arrived we took it out of the box and Ziva got in it and didn't come out for an hour and a half!

·
Registered
775 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
That looks fab! And Ruby loves it by the look of it!
I checked it but they don't ship to the UK. :-\

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks as if Ruby has given it a 2 paws up approval.... not sure about the kitty though! ha Might have to order a cozy cave for Ziva as Izzy has now taken over Ziva's fleece sleeping bag! I brought her home from the breeder in that yesterday and she has now staked claim to it.... so a cozy cave next might just be the ticket.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I can't believe it! Just found a company that sells it in the UK for £200-270!!!! Exactly the same product.
Robbing b*....! :mad:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'd been looking at a similar bed my local pet store sells but it is over $150...

I have a US forwarding address I could use but was wondering how big the packaging is? Do they roll up the beds for economical shipping or do they need to stay flat to keep their shape?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think I found another seller on eBay for fraction of that expensive one. This one sells it for £81 which is a lot cheaper!

I think they don't flat pack it so it must be a big package. :(

·
Registered
775 Posts
It was rolled up in a box. I will take a pic of the box and post it tomorrow so you can see the size.

I bought the large bed. XL would be too big. It has lots of stuffing in it to make it fluffy. I took some out as it was too much.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for that Rubyroo, I'll consult with my other half if we could get one for Elza. How big is your girl? Elza is quite small, only about 17 kg. Wonder which size would be good for her...

·
Registered
775 Posts
Adrino - Ruby is a small girl at 41 lbs at 2 yrs old so the large it plenty big for her.

Ruby didn't go in the bed last night and she did hide her rawhide in it. Silly girl. It has been really warm here in Florida so once it cools off again I think she will be in it more.

Here is the pic of the box the bed came in

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
It's a little chilly here in Florida. Of course nothing like you northerners have been dealing with.

Ruby loves her bed. She prefers it over going under covers. She even goes in it and it is in a different room. I can't even remember the last time she stayed in a different room without us.

Highly recommend it.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi everyone:

Well we got the XL for our boy and its a hit! He jumps right in at bed time. I did want to mention to everyone that when it came, it was made by the company Snoozer, that I noticed was sold everywhere on the internet including Amazon, so perhaps you guys in the UK can find an international shipper. Happy shopping!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts