Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had two wonderful days, with the temperature lower than normal.
Shine played at the creek yesterday, and the field today.
Then she got a education on barbwire.
She's in the cone of shame, and on lockdown for the next 2 weeks.
20190723_104124.jpg

20190724_140651.jpg

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Before, and after staples.
20190724_120535.jpg

20190724_160748.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Aw, poor girl. In the event you are interested...a member of our local Vizsla club introduced me to a Young Living product called Animal Scents Ointment. It is a blend of essential oils thats more solid than a cream. She showed me before and after pictures of her horse who had stitches due to barbed wire, and the results were surprisingly good for a 1 week timespan. She gave me a sample and I ended up buying a container of it. I have used it on Ernie when he has had cuts or bites, on myself and my husband for scratches and cuts, and for dry patches that expensive prescriptions don't work on. Shared it with my brother for his bulldogs surgical scars and they use it on his nose too. In our experience it speeds up the healing process. I was a little skeptical when I bought it, but it has become my go to. You may be able to get her out of lockdown a little quicker!

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to have the info.
In case I run into something not healing.

Don't let me die without any scars, is a good motto to have. It shows a life well lived. Not a person, or dog that stood on the sidelines. Instead one that threw caution to the wind, and lived life to it's fullest.
At my home, we proudly show our scars. As each one tells a story.

Reactions: vdogdad

·
Registered
778 Posts
Poor babe, what an outcome for finally cooler weather...i would love to have more information on the product too. Breeder friend of mine recommended meds honey, thought i will share that too.

Derma Sciences 31815 Medihoney Dressing Gel, 1.5 oz. Tube

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shine is acting like the staples are no big deal.
It does not surprise me. She took off running through the field hunting, after she hit the barbwire. Never giving any signs she had cut it.
I called her to me to check her over, and saw her leg. The vet said she stood perfect for them on the table, for the staples.
I can officially say, Shine is no sissy.
I'm really going to have to pay attention to her in the field. As pain won't slow her down.
20190725_120145.jpg
Shine and her moo choo.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picking Shine a new cone of shame today.
She likes to shove everything with it, at full force. Even goosed a few people with it.
I've already had to duct tape cracks.
Needless to say, the staples, and cone don't slow her down.

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Using the others a lot, is not a bad thing.
It just means a foster has been spayed/neutered. One step closer to their forever home.

·
Administrator
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Normally Shine is a well exercised, in shape normal adolescent Vizsla. Going on day 8 of not running, and just mental games. She's officially a juvenile delinquent. Monday can't come soon enough, for both of us.
20190801_183518.jpg

A picture of little miss Sunshine.
I know she's contemplating, what she can try to get away with next.

Reactions: Bob Engelhardt
1 - 13 of 13 Posts