Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just introduced to a product called "chuck it", holy cow this thing is amazing. Just went to a wide open field and threw the ball for Axel (11 months) for a good 45 minutes. He loved it, and now I can give my arm a rest from throwing the ball just normally... I am very surprised I have not used one of these earlier, especially since we have a vizsla...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Here in houston, everyone has them for their retrievers and running dogs. When my dad came to visit, he kept saying what a smart product that was-- that it must be so cheap to make yet sells like CRAZY.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Riley never gets tired of chuck it. We don't use a tennis ball because he will destroy it within 5 minutes, but we found a harder rubber ball that is hollow and he loves to compress it with his mouth. He will play with it for hours. Every Day.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I agree a rubber ball would be better, as tennis balls get chewed through easy and lots of slobber. (at least i don't have to pick up ball with my hand anymore). Also I found that I have lost 2 tennis balls already as they are green and blend in with the grass. I will check petco this weekend and see if they have orange or other color rubber balls.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think the one I use is actually a treat ball, but hey it works. It is orange. And he doesn't try to destroy it. He absolutely loves those Air Kong squeaky tennis balls. He will sit and squeak them and talk to them, but then he destroys them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That's a good idea. Indestructible is what I'm looking for. Probably wouldn't work for chuck it, but would be a great play ball.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The "atlatl" has been around for at least 50,000 years, but it wasn't until someone discovered you can throw a tennis ball with it that anybody made money off the thing. ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
We swear by the Chuck-It Ultra Ball. It floats, it's bouncy, it's hi-vis orange, and it's pretty much indestructible. Checks all the boxes for us.

http://i.imgur.com/GqxOo.jpg/img]

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/ehhp1x.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just purchased two of the chuck it balls yesterday...They work much better then tennis balls.. Great picture by the way AfroViz....Love the ears...

·
Registered
423 Posts
Looks like a must have item when the puppy gets here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
also works great with the orange balls made for floor hockey, they're pretty tough, cheap, easy to wipe clean and dry after a good session and easy to see

1 - 13 of 13 Posts