Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... catches them, ... kills them, ... and eats them!

I've often seen Charlie snapping at flying bugs, including the stinging ones. I warned him that he was going to get stung, but he persisted :).

Yesterday I watched as he grabbed a wasp & immediately spit it out, too quickly for it to sting him I assume. He then grabbed it again & spit it out again. After a couple of repeats it was dead and he ate it! What next?! Life with a V is interesting, for sure.

·
Registered
225 Posts

I've often seen Charlie snapping at flying bugs, including the stinging ones. I warned him that he was going to get stung, but he persisted :).

Yesterday I watched as he grabbed a wasp & immediately spit it out, too quickly for it to sting him I assume. He then grabbed it again & spit it out again. After a couple of repeats it was dead and he ate it! What next?! Life with a V is interesting, for sure.
This is what is next!
wasp.jpg

·
Administrator
8,632 Posts
Shine is like Charlie.
I think she's caught, and eaten so many, that she's built up a immunity to their sting.

Reactions: A-arons Kodster

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dogs are gross, scientific fact. Hope to never come across a yellow jacket nest, seems like the pup in the pic above did, ouch!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Our V Tucker is the same.....always going after bugs.....wonder what he will do when the Cicadas hit!!!!!,,,,,,any day now

·
Administrator
8,632 Posts
Our V Tucker is the same.....always going after bugs.....wonder what he will do when the Cicadas hit!!!!!,,,,,,any day now
I've heard they can be pretty rough on a dogs stomach, if they eat to many.

·
Registered
45 Posts

You were lucky! My silly V, ate a live bee, & we made a visit to the emergency vet, as my V started growing lumps all over his face & body!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts