Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Have you tried any probiotics? just checking based on the poop situation you described. I agree that especially for a growing puppy it would be very important to eat regularly and also I do agree with the belief that a huge percentage of a dogs heart is controlled by the health of their gut. So chances are he is not eating well as something is not 100% in the tummy area.
I understand that you are afraid of raw (initially I was too, but then I changed my mind), but you could try things like freeze dried green tripe, which is full of probiotics. I finished the show championship of Bende using the brand below, the show ring can be pretty nerve wrecking and when I started using this, he stopped having any of the typical nervous stomach challenges young dogs often have during competitions. Let me know fi you need other probiotics recommendations too.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thank you! I'll try this. I have been giving him a cup of frozen yogurt with probiotics and digestive enzymes made for dogs, the only yogurt he likes (I tried plain human yogurt and he took one lick and decided he didn't like it). I usually give him 1/day as "dessert" after he eats dinner. This is the brand -- he loves them and they have probiotics in them (just very expensive...).

I give mine raw goats milk too, they love it. Not inexpensive either, but they don't need a lot, I pour a little over their breakfast usually.
I make once a month bone broth jelly for them, I leave about 3-4 days` portion in the refrigerator and freeze the rest in ice cubes and use them for the rest of the month. that is great for their gut too and since I make them from chicken feet for their joints and soft tissues too. that is actually a very inexpensive way to keep them happy.
you can also give him some hard boiled eggs, another one good for the stomach and having many nutritional benefits. I slice them up in the egg slices and use them as training treats, huge hit! hope he will be fine, your gorgeous pup.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts