Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
That makes me feel a bit better!

We're doing a trip to Algonquin in a week and a half, we are going to backpack in (only short distances this time!) and our pup will be 4 months.

I've been a bit nervous about how he'll be, more so at night, but I'm banking on the fact that he will be exhausted from spending all day outside!

·
Registered
110 Posts
We're actually going next weekend; quite excited! We're going to the Eastern Pines backpacking trail on the east end by Achray, because you don't have to hike very far to get to a campsite. No Highland trails this year, lol.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, we just got back from our first camping trip with the puppy (4 months old), and he was awesome!! The first day we hiked in, about an hour (offleash, *shhh*), got to the site, and he went bonkers! He really doesn't like laying down or sleeping outside, so when we showed him the open tent, he lept right in and fell asleep right away for the night.
The next night was a bit cold, and he was pacing in the tent for a bit. So, my fiance offered to share his sleeping bag with Darwin, and he got in, and crawled all the way to the foot end, and slept there until morning. I have no idea how this would be comfortable, but he seemed to be happy :p.

He has had a bit of an issue readjusting to being apart from us now, just because I think he thought that we were always going to sleep in this "giant crate" together everynight. He should get over it quickly though, since he has all of his comforts of home again :).

We've decided that bringing our pup along is a must for any camping trip from now on!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts