Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have. That’s my point. You don’t think I researched before getting my dogs?! What you say isn’t accurate. Call yourself and get the numbers for them and all breeders. Using your logic, any breeder that has had a dog described, returned or rehomed qualifies as Non-reputable.
Honestly, step back and look at your own posts and open your mind that you may be very wrong. You may even have the breeder confused. I just think it’s best practice to be accurate and not slanderous.

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts

It shows their breeding dogs do not even have the minimal health clearances. You can use the registration numbers off the Vizsla database, to search the OFA database.

If your happy with your dogs, I'm happy for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts

It shows their breeding dogs do not even have the minimal health clearances. You can use the registration numbers off the Vizsla database, to search the OFA database.

If your happy with your dogs, I'm happy for you.
Ok - so so glad you put that up. I actually think that document proves my point. Now, your issue is about health clearances, which I did receive along with the contract.
So, for hopefully the last time, this proves for all readers of this thread, that there’s a lot of misinformation on this site. Talk to people who actually have had personal experience - not just hearsay - and have no business interest...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
@RedHolly, can you please educate us forum members what other form of breeder health clearance people can search at? i am originally from Europe and so far the only one i have been aware was the OFA one in the US, but always interested to learn. when i search for health records i use the AKC reg ID and the OFA website. some people like me do post back on the vizsladatabase the OFA results as well, some don`t, hence i always relay on the OFA data as it is handled independently.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@RedHolly, can you please educate us forum members what other form of breeder health clearance people can search at? i am originally from Europe and so far the only one i have been aware was the OFA one in the US, but always interested to learn. when i search for health records i use the AKC reg ID and the OFA website. some people like me do post back on the vizsladatabase the OFA results as well, some don`t, hence i always relay on the OFA data as it is handled independently.
I use Florida for example

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
If your dog is already in the Vizsla database, they periodically update heath clearances without you having to ask them.
I was going to have them update Shine's. But when I went to check, it was already updated. 😁
You do have to ask them to add titles.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If your dog is already in the Vizsla database, they periodically update heath clearances without you having to ask them.
I was going to have them update Shine's. But when I went to check, it was already updated. 😁
You do have to ask them to add titles.
that is good to know, i was not aware the OFA health information being added periodically. i have always emailed them about every change:)

·
Super Moderator
953 Posts
Do I mind sharing what?
[snip]
Feel free to post your dogs pedigree, and the health clearances of their parents.
[snip]
You have said how happy you are with your dogs from Prairie Pup, but you have not backed up your claims of their good repute with any references. We will take you at your word that you are happy with your P-P dogs, but anything more is just your opinion without references. I.e., links to the OFA of their breeding dogs. You have not even given your dogs' names for anyone to check their pedigree and OFA of their parents.

TR's credibility is well established with her 9 years and 8500+ posts on this forum and her involvement with Texas rescue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have said how happy you are with your dogs from Prairie Pup, but you have not backed up your claims of their good repute with any references. We will take you at your word that you are happy with your P-P dogs, but anything more is just your opinion without references. I.e., links to the OFA of their breeding dogs. You have not even given your dogs' names for anyone to check their pedigree and OFA of their parents.

TR's credibility is well established with her 9 years and 8500+ posts on this forum and her involvement with Texas rescue.
Actually, you are incorrect. So let me do you a favor: you cannot publish false, damaging statements about anybody as TexasRed has REPEATEDLY done. By libelous action, TR loses credibility and forces review of all those 8500+ posts - quite immediately. In fact, it really impacts even YOUR sudden defense and request for me to add information about my dogs, etc.

And Bob, I am not selling or showing or breeding my dogs. I cherish my privacy. HOWEVER, I CHALLENGE you - call Prairie Pup Vizsla yourself and get the information directly. Call the rescue organizations directly and get proof that they have rescued dogs that have been refused by Prairie Pup Vizsla as Texas Red has alleged. Post proof that Prairie Pup is breeding dogs with genetic disease as TexasRed has alleged.

This isn’t about me - but nice straw man. This is about TexasRed posting false information about a breeder without proof.

And, btw, asking me about my good dogs makes zero sense.

Call the breeder and rescue directly and get proof.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm not trying to prove anything & am confident with TR's word. If you want to prove otherwise it's up to you to provide the proof. You don't convince people by telling them to look it up. You provide the proof.
Bob, that’s awesome for you. Then, this forum thread is irrelevant to you, isn’t it?

This is for people who are looking up information and need to be informed that the posted information by TexasRed regarding Prairie Pup Vizsla is false and libelous.
It’s meant to help others.

Thanks for your posts. It demonstrates to newcomers that you don’t go to the source and are even kind of threatening.

Folks, if you’re looking at this breeder, just call them. And if you have doubts because of the bs posted by TexasRed, just call the rescues to see it isn’t true. And ask for references.

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
A lot of people have been duped, by taking breeders at their word. This is exactly why Vizsla clubs have breeder referrals.
It's also why OFA findings are public, in most cases. You can choose to make failing scores not public. But that has to be noted on paperwork, before the test is submitted to OFA. The Vizsla database is there to help you look up a dogs bloodlines. You can take those finding and search for known problems in the pedigree.
For the last few years, I pull/intake, foster and transport Vizslas for two different rescues in Texas. One is Vizsla only, the other is Vizsla, possible Vizsla mixes, and other sporting breeds.
Our members are free to choose who they want to believe. Hopefully some of the information on this post, shows them how to lookup pedigrees and health clearances. That way they don't have to take someone's word.

·
Registered
13 Posts
A lot of people have been duped, by taking breeders at their word. This is exactly why Vizsla clubs have breeder referrals.
It's also why OFA findings are public, in most cases. You can choose to make failing scores not public. But that has to be noted on paperwork, before the test is submitted to OFA. The Vizsla database is there to help you look up a dogs bloodlines. You can take those finding and search for known problems in the pedigree.
For the last few years, I pull/intake, foster and transport Vizslas for two different rescues in Texas. One is Vizsla only, the other is Vizsla, possible Vizsla mixes, and other sporting breeds.
Our members are free to choose who they want to believe. Hopefully some of the information on this post, shows them how to lookup pedigrees and health clearances. That way they don't have to take someone's word.
Well, then, maybe that is what you should have done earlier. Because you certainly didn’t do it before, and I found it very disheartening at best. And libelous at worst.

do better

·
Administrator
8,591 Posts
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
When I finish ROFLMAO I'll lock this thread.

Reactions: einspänner

·
Administrator
4,294 Posts
it would be interesting to see the turnaround on their pups, ie how many pups over say a 5 year period, the pups relative co-efficients, how many times the dam has produced a litter etc etc etc

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.