Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask and post about this, if it is wrong let me know and I'll move it. :)

I was just wondering if any of you had suggestions on the best doggie training book or DVDs were .. there are a lot of there and I want to make sure I am teaching him correctly.

Also my Hungarian grandfather is in LOVE with my little 3 month and 2 week old Vizsla pup Indy, and he has quite a collection of books on German Shepard's and Dog Encyclopedias. His books are primarily in picture form with generalities on the breed. I was wondering if anyone knew of a book of Vizsla that was consisting mostly of pictures of the breed???

Any suggestions help, and would be very much appreciated!

:D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Versatile Vizsla by Marion Coffman is a classic on the breed. I got mine from Amazon but did not check the chain stores. Great book, IMO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got a great book entitled "VIZSLA" a complete pet owners manual. Also purchased from amazon it has lots of info on the breed with lots of great pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you so much to the three of you, I know this wasn't the most riveting thread... but it did mean quite a lot to my grandfather and i appreciate your time responding!!!! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I know a little late, but just joined this forum. A book that was highly recommended to me was The Monks of New Skete - The Art of Raising a Puppy. They also have another on as a dog gets older. I do have to say its a fantastic book. Looking forward to using their training tips when we get our pup in three weeks.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Sorry I'm a little late to post to this thread, but one book I really liked is called THE VIZSLA by Bernard C. Boggs. The entire book is a very informative reference, and Chapters 8 and 9 address specific training issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi there indyv there is a great book called the Hungarian vizsla by gay gottlieb the book tells you all about the breed also general care , training ,shooting history etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts