Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a large male? Odin is 7 months old and he's weighing in at 55lbs and 24". He's still lean, ribs visible, not overweight by any means and still hasn't filled out.
He's gonna be a big boy, that's for sure, but I was wondering who has big males and what they weigh in at?

·
Registered
395 Posts
WOW! Laszlo is like 13 weeks @ 21lbs two days ago. He had some round worms early on so that may have slowed his growth a bit. He seems HUGE to us!!! We keep saying..."Where's our puppy at!!!"

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Willie is a 70-pound male. He got up to 75 pounds at one point. I know I overfed him when I first got him out of the dog pound, but that's because he was so painfully thin (skeletal) that I couldn't help myself. He is a big boy, for sure. 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a handsome man Willie boy is!

Looney, here is how Odin has tracked so far in weight:
9 weeks: 12 lbs
10 weeks: 12.5 lbs
3 months: 15 lbs
3.5 months: 20 lbs
4 months: 28 lbs
4.5 months: 32 lbs
5.75 Months:42 lbs
6.25 Months: 48 lbs
7 Months: 55lbs

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Well, thank you! Naturally, I think he is pretty handsome, too.

Last summer, Rod (RBD) posted a short video on his blog called "All Bachelors Are Dogs" -- here is a link to the original thread:

http://www.vizslaforums.com/index.php/topic,2392.msg15511.html#15511

(Hope it works.) Anyway, for those of you who might have missed it, it is very entertaining, and shows the larger Vizslas. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
kristen said:
What a handsome man Willie boy is!

Looney, here is how Odin has tracked so far in weight:
9 weeks: 12 lbs *(Picked up in PA @ 11.8lbs)*
10 weeks: 12.5 lbs
3 months: 15 lbs *(Boosters at the vet said @ 17.1)*
3.5 months: 20 lbs *(i guess that is about now @ 20.8 ..two days ago!)*
4 months: 28 lbs
4.5 months: 32 lbs
5.75 Months:42 lbs
6.25 Months: 48 lbs
7 Months: 55lbs
man, Carol said she thinks maybe 60ish.....Flash the daddy is small @ 48lbs all muscles!!!!

my wife will **** her pants if he get s to be 70lbs!!! lol!!!! i don't care the bigger the better if healthy! i'm a big boy too!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Kristen,

I took the liberty to plot Odin's weight data over Bodhi's growth chart. Although I'm not sure what can be extrapolated from both data sets other than Odin is still growing.

Here is a picture of Bodhi a few weeks ago. MINI Cooper Clubman S in the background for size comparison... ;D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bodhi said:
I took the liberty to plot Odin's weight data over Bodhi's growth chart.
That's awesome, thanks so much!
Odin's doesn't seem to be much of a curve, just an upward trajectory. haha
Wish we'd weighed him more to have a more accurate graph

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is my husbands brothers dog bruno (taken at xmas time) he is just over a year old and weighs 77 lbs! Sorry about the rubbish photo he never says still!

Think H weighs about 30lbs at the moment (18wks). Everyone says he's going to be a big boy as he has massive feet!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
While at the vet for Sammy's pre-surgical screen, another V came out of the back, on his way home. The vet saw the look on my face (he was huge!!) and said "Yeah, Big Harv here is 38 kilos" - Sammy (at nearly 3 years old) is 20 kilos... *gulp*
He was a HUGE dog.
They explained that he was brought from Europe... apparently the breed is bigger there?
crazy big... :eek:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad to see some other big boys! I was starting to get a complex that we had a bohemith. I don't have a any recent photos that really show his size. Here's one of him sprawled on the sofa/ottoman with the hubby on the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Kristen he looks a lot bigger already since when we met up with you guys at Sherwood. I guess Kian will think twice now. ???
BTW, Odin is looking good.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Crazy said:
Kristen he looks a lot bigger already since when we met up with you guys at Sherwood. I guess Kian will think twice now. ???
BTW, Odin is looking good.
Thanks!
We found a big jacked 3 year old intact male to run with at our local park, and that seems to have been good for him and his confidence. He's not a pansy anymore, and has seems to understand dog language and is better at reading other dogs and situations.
We'll have to meet up again and let the boys run! See if Odin can keep up now. :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm bad for being late with these things.. just to say i loved the link to redbirddogs post about V bachelors! Especially liked the big dog in the black bow tie with the big jowls (may be biased but i think the hbomb will look like that when he grows up :-\

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
kristen said:
Glad to see some other big boys! I was starting to get a complex that we had a bohemith. I don't have a any recent photos that really show his size. Here's one of him sprawled on the sofa/ottoman with the hubby on the weekend.
Jeeeeeeeesus!!! 7 months....unless it's the pic he is a monster!!! :) :) But, I have one monster and one littlen (For a boy Ozkar is a Short Wheelbase Vizsla, but, he's built like a freekin tank!!!!) But, my monster boy Astro is just a big lump of gangly puppy at a year old. I really hope he stops growing shortly otherwise I am going to have to buy a Station Wagon (Estate) or a commercial Van!!!! :)

It's like shoving a sleeping bag back into it's pouch trying to get all three of mine into the one front seat space of my 2 seat MR2! I must get some pics of that, even I think it's ludicrously hilarious!! :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Well thats tis weekends 'Photographic Challenge' sorted Oz!!!!!

Love to see the outcome of your '3' shoehorned into your MR2 ;D ;D ;D

Hobbsy

PS.
There's nothing wrong with 'Commercial' vehicles!!!
Being a Carpenter It's my office and mine and Brooks prefered 'Mode' of transport! :D :D(VW Transporter T5)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts