Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been "lurking" on the forum for a few weeks now just reading all of your wonderful posts about Vizslas. I do not own a Vizsla myself yet but I have been doing a good amount of research on the breed and if it would work for our family. So far I think we have a great match and I am just waiting till my two boys (3 and 18 months) get a little bit older to add a new member to the family. I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Jen

·
Registered
168 Posts
WELL HELLO!!!! its not a decision to take lightly, Vizslas are something else but i do not know what i would do without mine, good luck on the decision

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Vizslas are great family dogs... but (and you should know this if you've never raised a puppy) they do go through a nipping and biting phase, and their teeth are as sharp as needles. It's normal, not just for this breed, but for all breeds. They do grow out of it. But you would have to watch the pup around the kiddies. Also, due to their exhuberance, they can knock small children right over during play. This is why they say a Vizsla may not be great around small children. Once grown, the adult Vizsla is a most worthy companion for children. They are very gentle as adult dogs. :) You should keep lurking. Ha-ha!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I've read several very helpful posts from http://redbirddog.blogspot.com/ about the responsibility it takes to raise a Vizsla or any dog for that matter. We have two dogs now that we raised from puppies and yes...I definitely remember the needle teeth (and puppy breath)! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts