Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a fun little story with you all.

We live on a small barrier island in Southwest Florida and this weekend was our Shrimp Festival with this morning being the Shrimp Festival Parade.
Locals, businesses, town officials, etc. adorn everything from convertibles, to boats on trailers to anything else they can turn into a float and the town along with all the tourists come out to enjoy the parade and boiled
shrimp dinners and vendors. Well we took Miss Ziva down to the parade
parking at Town Hall where my husband works. Standing along the street
Miss Ziva thoroughly enjoyed the parade, complete with firetruck sirens, marching bands, Shriner clown cars, motorcycles and lots of crazy people throwing beads, candy and frisbees. Well our Miss Z never flinched with all the commotion.... she just watched it all sitting right along the edge of the street.. people from the floats started throwing her strands of beads which I would drape over her. Well once it got started she had the people that were in the parade waving and pointing and calling to her! When the parade was over she had amassed 30 strands[/color][/color] of beads!!! And since this was her first outing since she was spayed on Tuesday she behaved herself to a T.

I also want to mention that my husband and I combined had never accumulated 30 strands of beads in parades past and Ziva managed to do that all on her own! ;)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Better not take her to Mardi Gras. You might not find her under all the beads she would amass. ;D

That was a good day. A forever memory. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grahama -

Of all days I did NOT take the camera :-\.... I did however get a shot of her on my phone and sent it to some friends up North. Tomorrow I will adorn her with all her 'jewels' and get a shot of her to post here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts