Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bende got shown as a 1 year old puppy by my breeder for 2 weekends, winning every time, but than that asian canine flu came no one knew anything about and our vets were worried about puppy immune systems not strong enough to cope with it, so we pulled all young dogs. Then i started dock diving with him and hunting and other trainings, so kept pushing out conformation, then my breeder got very sick and passed. Miksa got shown by a friend, loving the game and finishing his championship title quickly and Bende always travelled with us for those events as he loves traveling and socializing. One day he picked up the show lead and brought it to me, tail wagging, all excited. i put it on him, he immediately stacked and gave me the mom i am ready look... i was like oh lord, but i am not... so we started practicing and finally i entered Bende with me handling him, still super nervous. Last Sunday in Kerville we had a big entry of over 20 vizslas so i went into the ring with a we have no chance, super calm attitude, and then suddenly he got a winners dog, i was over the moon, nice major win, then when we went back to the ring with the best of breed class and he got best of winners, i double checked with the judge, really did not want to believe that i can show him to that level of win, 5 points major. Miksa at the same time got Select, he is already working on his GCH, it was fun to have both boys in the ring at the same time, although my friend who had to get Miksa`s attention may have a different opinion :love: it was a nice break thru for me, and now i will feel much more confident with that sport too. Needless to say Bende was prancing around even after we got home with an i got the big win with mom brag, making Miksa very upset.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,632 Posts
Congratulations to you, and both your pretty boys. What a wonderful journey you are enjoying with them.

Reactions: Gabica

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Nice, nice, nice!!! Well done to all of you.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And we continued showing, a nice weekend in Grove, Oklahoma and one in Gonzales, Louisiana. Mom finished Bende`s championship title (pending AKC approval) with some nice wins including several best owner handler and a 4 point major in a very competitive environment.
My amateur handler friend moved to a new place and has not been able to show, so a young professional friend of mine took over from her, several best of breeds and best of opposite sex with Miksa who is now 4 points away from his grand championship.
Once again, i feel very blessed, with all the things i can do with my boys. Conformation, hunting and dock diving, or just hanging out with mom, they seem to enjoy it all.
P.S. Funny that my new champion picture with Bende is in the same blouse, seems to be our luck bringer one. I do have other clothes as well, promise:)

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,632 Posts
Big congratulations to you and both boy.

Reactions: Gabica
1 - 8 of 8 Posts