Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you live in Arizona you can train your Vizsla (or any hunting dog) without a leash within your city limits. Just don't do it in Parks or Schools. Cities in Arizona must follow State law (AZ is a modified Dillon State) and the State law has an exception that allows hunting dogs to be trained without a collar or harness ( no collar/harness = no leash). Convoluted but true. If you want further proof just call the AG&F and ask them about it. I strongly suggest you don't call your City Government......they will most likely deny it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's a really difficult law to understand. I also read your other thread on it.
The part that doesn't make sense is the "no collar". That's really odd. Does that mean you have to take the collar off to train, or if you leave it on, does it have have a leash attached?

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a really difficult law to understand. I also read your other thread on it.
The part that doesn't make sense is the "no collar". That's really odd. Does that mean you have to take the collar off to train, or if you leave it on, does it have have a leash attached?
I agree with you.

·
Administrator
8,103 Posts
I would never dream of running my dogs without a collar/id tags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts