Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
Typical female. LOL
"Typical redhead female. LOL"

There. I fixed it. LOL

After divorce, I dated a redhead. I originally knew her as a classmate in high school. She was a VERY shy and quiet person back then. Later in life? She's a hoot!! I think Dawn knows more redhead jokes than anyone on the planet!🤣😂 She can be thanked for this response.🤪

Reactions: texasred

·
Administrator
9,478 Posts
"Typical redhead female. LOL"

There. I fixed it. LOL

After divorce, I dated a redhead. I originally knew her as a classmate in high school. She was a VERY shy and quiet person back then. Later in life? She's a hoot!! I think Dawn knows more redhead jokes than anyone on the planet!🤣😂 She can be thanked for this response.🤪
My oldest daughter has red hair.
As a joke
We call her the red headed stepchild.
My kids called one of my other daughters FedEx. They would tell her that FedEx dropped her off at the house. As you can tell we have a very dry sense of humor, and luckily none of us are the sensitive type.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Derwos
As a kid I shoveled a lifetime of horse poop most weekends.
We used to work Santa Anita, Santa Ana, and Hollywood Park cleaning out the Shedrow stalls for the upcoming weekend races.
Used to fill up 30 yard dumpsters and haul them out to Chino CA, for the manure industry.
The LA County I grew up had a lot of large livestock facilities. They’re all gone now. :(
I live amongst a lot of small farms in CT now, and love it!

·
Banned
215 Posts
Being with and working around those animals leaves a lasting impression!!!

Shame on me! When I think of CT, I think of cities and suburbs. I should know better, living in NY. Nearly everyone who doesn't live in the northeast, thinks the entire NY state is paved, with endless and enormous buildings.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I'm on the eastern side of the state, in Griswold. Not nearly as populated as the western portion.
We do still have lots of small farms . They keep trying to kill the farming industry in CT, but these "Yankee Farmers" aren't having anything to do with it.
We have the best milk, ice cream, and dairy, available. Lot's of "boutique farms". There is zero reason to buy it in a supermarket. Same with bacon.
It's a lot different than So Cal, but I like it here. ( Well, maybe not the taxes. ;) )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find this thread fascinating. My Viz is nowhere near the 40mph that other sites suggest. I know a lot of other Vizslas who are a similar speed to mine. They can definitely go for ages and I wouldn't be surprised if they were top gun when it came to a 10k race, but as far as sprinting is concerned I would suggest the 40mph "fact" seems bogus to me. Whippets smash my Viz in a sprint. They have a different sprint gait that seems to make them naturally loads quicker in a sprint. I'd be interested to hear others opinions - a viz is fast, but not as quick on the sprint as any sight hound. The facts of other dogs speed online (e.g. Jack russell) look bonkers too. I believe the greyhound speed, but little else frankly until I see the evidence! 🤣

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find this thread fascinating. My Viz is nowhere near the 40mph that other sites suggest. I know a lot of other Vizslas who are a similar speed to mine. They can definitely go for ages and I wouldn't be surprised if they were top gun when it came to a 10k race, but as far as sprinting is concerned I would suggest the 40mph "fact" seems bogus to me. Whippets smash my Viz in a sprint. They have a different sprint gait that seems to make them naturally loads quicker in a sprint. I'd be interested to hear others opinions - a viz is fast, but not as quick on the sprint as any sight hound. The facts of other dogs speed online (e.g. Jack russell) look bonkers too. I believe the greyhound speed, but little else frankly until I see the evidence! 🤣
Finally someone on these forums that has a clue. I don’t understand where all these misconceptions come from regarding top speed amongst dog breeds. A viz is rapid, and as you said would do well in an endurance race, but against a greyhound or a whippet in a sprint! It’s not even close! Same goes with dalmatians and most other breeds on that list that isn’t a sight hound. My guess is that some idiot confused kph for mph

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
From one of the “idiots”.
Get a Cyclocross bike. Get you and your dog in shape, find a nice forest road with a downhill section,and you have my absolute guarantee that dog will exceed 55-60km/hr chasing you.
40km/hr is a very pedestrian pace for a trained cyclist. All dogs are faster than that. I’ve been chased by enough of them.😉

21 - 28 of 28 Posts