Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello
I am due to get Otto in March and me and my partner both do work full time. We have a rough plan in place for the days we are at work. Monday and Fridays my parents will have him. But the 3 days - I have been in touch with someone to come and let him out and walk him for 1 hour.
How have you got on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My pup is 7 months old at this point. My boyfriend and I both work but I work days and he works nights. Even with that it was a rough go when she was younger because he needed to sleep a large chunk of the day. I wake up at 5:15 every morning and take her for a 15 minute walk before work. He's usually up for a couple of hours before going to bed. When he is home sleeping she runs loose and plays in the house with my other dogs (3) and she has a dog door for outside access. She is limited on what parts of the house she can access during that time by baby gates.

Then I take her for at least a 30 minute walk when I get home or we do a long line at the park (because of leash laws here she can't be off of it) and walk trails there. I'll then sit outside with her and my other dogs (weather permitting) while they play with each other. Additionally we do formal training at a club 1-2 days a week and informal training at home.

My boyfriend lost a few shoes in the early days but outside of that it has gone pretty smoothly. We also kennel her when we are away from the house. I drop a kong in there with her with some peanut butter and soft treats to make it an enjoyable endeavor. That took awhile to sort out but if she's kenneled in the same room with the other dogs and gets some treats she settles into it just fine. She even naps in it with the door open sometimes now.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts