Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Vizslas, long time setter owner, or should I say I've been owned by setters :). I began with an Irish Setter, followed by an English Setter and my second Gordon Setter is 11 yrs old. Looking forward to the new companion and the new challenges a new breed will offer.

Put a deposit on a pup from a litter that should be me ready to go home in December. Hope to learn from all of you and perhaps I'll have something to offer as well. A little concerned about what seems to be a difference in energy levels, but then again I've always been told how active my setters have been. I'll know soon enough!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Hi, Aimless1, and welcome to the Forums! You will love the Vizsla life, I'm sure! One thing that will be dramatically different from your setters is the ease of grooming. The Vizsla is so much easier than a lot of different dogs to keep well-groomed. In fact, they are even known as the "smell good" dog, as you will see in this little video:

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/dogs-101-vizsla.html

(Hope the link works.)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link (it worked). Less grooming will certainly be nice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like we get to celebrate another November birthday ... daughter on the 3rd, grandchildren the 1st and 16th and now our V, whelped on the 5th 8)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Congratulations!! I read your previous message and I want to assure you how wonderful this breed is. Otto is my first dog and I am absolutely in love. He has been with us just over two weeks... the first couple of days were overwhelming for me as, like I said, I never had a dog and I don't have children, but as an experienced dog owner it should be less of a culture shock. Otto is great, so affectionate and a quick learner. Just a wonderful addition to our family. Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have just joined the forum, first forum I have ever joined, Just wondering how I post by myself instead of having to reply to someone.

We are getting our first Vizsla in 6weeks, can't wait. I am looking for other Vizsla owners in the Northern Ireland region to link with.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like you figured out how to post :) Welcome. Lot's of good people here and a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Rileylou, to start a brand new thread, first you determine the appropriate area that you want to post in (General Vizslas, Basics, Training and Behaviour, Hunting, etc.). Go to that area, and up at the top on the right-hand side, just above all the threads, you will see a little tab that says "New Topic". Click on that tab and you will be able to start your own new thread. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts