1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Mojo Dove decoy

Starting to get a few.

Ewwwwe, Drool after a retrieve.

Sometimes that instinct kicks in on a cripple and I have to walk over and tell her to go on and get it.

Ever distracting Dragonflys.

Blaze telling me if I'm not going to keep hunting she is just going to stay by her friend Steve and retrieve for him then.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was hot, over 100 degrees for the opener, but still a nice first season hunt of many more to come for Blaze this fall.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Sniper John,

Thanks fro posting. Blaze does a great job out in the field. Nothing better than a great bird dog on his game.

Off to another attempt at a Master Hunter Test leg with Bailey.
The retrieve to hand has been our downfall so far. He has brought it within 5 feet and dropped it and refused to bring it all the way to hand. In real hunting, who cares.

Opening season for pleasant is still about a month away. Looking forward to it.

RBD

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
That's just beautiful. Thanx for the pics.

All the best.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
off_camber said:
Looks like fun sniper john...we were hunting in San Antonio for Dove opener and the hunting was great. Where were you hunting?
We were on a day lease near Breckenridge. The first day of season that lease opens every year is the first Friday, so even though I have a season lease I can get a 2nd opening day type hunt most years that way.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Great pics! It's long past time for me to hit the shooting range, so Pumpkin can be seen with a semi-respectable owner :) She is a much better hunter than my shot, but at least she has my husband. It's all about the adventure though, right? You always have a good adventure to share, Sniper John. Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts