Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, ;)

So we know we are having a small V ,
but i would like to know if 17KG (37.5+- pounds) for almost 7 months bitch is normal weight ?
She is not skinny nor fat , but seems a bit short .

Thank you ! 8)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Miles was 43 pounds at 7 months and he is a male, so that seems about right to me since males are a bit bigger.

·
Registered
766 Posts
You think you've got a small V???

Elza almost a year old, 2 days ago she was 15.5kg! :eek:
I just upped her food again and giving her a third feed to make her put some weight back on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had her stand next to a wall comfortably and then took a level and put on top of her shoulder blades to the wall.
marked the wall and then measured from the wall up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Lily is 9 months and weighs 30 pounds. She is completely healthy. I thought that was normal but now I'm thinking I may have a small girl! Don't they usually keep gaining weight until about 2 years?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Our Simba is 4months and was weighed last week at 16.5kg..He still looks lean and all muscle, does that mean he is going to be a huge boy, judging by the comparism on here?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well Whistler just passed the 5 month mark at 43 lbs.. so hope it helps to give you an idea.. (his father is also big...)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kinda hard to tell. The dad was 70 and mom was 58 pounds. So I am hoping for 55 pounds. More so I am hoping for more height. More towards the 24 inch size. This way she can have a longer stride.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I posted about my V and her weight/height on a recent post but just wanted to mention it here. As a rescue Vizsla we never knew her exact age so we dont know how big she will become. I think she is going to be very small. She is only about 19 inches in height and 33 lbs. She is about 9 or 10 months. She has grown about 3 inches in 3 months. She was extremely thin when we got her and wondered if her poor start would affect her height, or if she is just small anyway. I guess time will tell. But she looks so tiny I think that maybe she is a lot less than 10 months. The rescue centre always neuter (?) their homeless dogs so whether this also has a bearing on her growth? I suppose time will tell.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
jujuli, size is predetermined by genetics. She might have had a slow start due to poor nutrition but once they start being well fed they will often make up for that poor start with a sudden growth spurt. It will be interesting to see how much more she grows.

I doubt that the neutering will effect her mature height, but I often wonder whether it effects the strength and development of their bones. It's a bit like women who have a hysterectomy prior to menopause. However, it is done now so I don't think there is much point in worrying about.

Would love to see some picture of her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone.
I have a 6 mo male Vizsla and his weight is 33 ibs / 15 kg and 19.3 inches / 49 cm tall.
Does this mean he is going to be smaller than usual or is there a chance that he will catch up eventually?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
That is a hard question to answer. My understanding is that they will continue to grow until they are about 1 year old and then they will fill out for a further 6 months to a year.

So your boy will continue to grow upwards for another 6 months at least, so I think you will have to wait and see how big he is going to be.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts