Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there....
We are looking to adopt an older Vizsla (3 years +) in the UK but many of the rescue charities are super busy and have waiting lists right now (things not helped by Covid 馃檮) Any other ideas? Thanks

Registered
Hi there....
We are looking to adopt an older Vizsla (3 years +) in the UK but many of the rescue charities are super busy and have waiting lists right now (things not helped by Covid 馃檮) Any other ideas? Thanks
Good Luck with your quest to Adopt a V of ANY Age, I/We have been attempting to do the very same thing for over 3 Years and on many Sites (Wood Green etc) with either Nil Returns or no Response, :rolleyes::unsure::cry: so we gave up and went the "Breeder Route" :):):D!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Good Luck with your quest to Adopt a V of ANY Age, I/We have been attempting to do the very same thing for over 3 Years and on many Sites (Wood Green etc) with either Nil Returns or no Response, :rolleyes::unsure::cry: so we gave up and went the "Breeder Route" :):):D!
Wow John! That鈥檚 not filling me with hope I must say! 馃槓 Did you get a puppy in the end?

Registered
Agree, especially in the UK. We also looked at the rescue route initially, but quickly gave up when there was never anything available.

After researching the breed for a decade, we ended up going down the breeder path. Very happy with the result, but we are still hoping we can get a rescue to add to the family at some point in the future.

Super Moderator
I'll recommend getting in touch with breeders for "returned" dogs. A reputable breeder will take back a dog for whatever reason and often that reason is not a fault of the dog. And breeders have networks so that they will be aware of other breeders returned dogs.

It is likely true that this source has also been affected by the demand, but it's worth a shot.

Registered
We rehomed a 10 month old a little over a year ago.. My wife had been watching different sites and when 1 would pop up it would be gone in 60 seconds.

She checked a site one day and 1 just was listed. she immediately put in an application. At the same time I saw it and put in an application.

We both got responses from the rescue. After a couple of days it was down to 2 people her and me! We were both trying to get the same dog ! and keep it secret from the other. She was invited to take a visit with our v to see how they got along. Then I was going to be next.

When she got there the visit went well and they said to take her home. I got a call from the rescue that she was adopted. Then I got a call from my wife on her way home to tell me the good news.

We had a good laugh and it saved me a 10 hour trip.

V 's are difficult to find "new or used"

We also got a new pup 4-5 months ago From a breeder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts