Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner
121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, quick answer is yes it does. It’s certainly not a walk in the park but he’s improved greatly. I look back on those early days with so much mixed emotions. I loved him but couldn’t quite cope at the same time but if I had knew then what I know now I would b so much more relaxed. We have put the work in tho and it pays dividends. We went to puppy classes, tried to be consistent with training and also not a walk over. Reggie still pushes the boundaries but we have such a good relationship that I try not to overthink it and go back to basics if I feel it’s necessary. I feel so unworthy to comment on Vizsla training as I’m such a novice but stick with it, love them, train them and treat them and u will b soon b on the way to having a companion like no other. Good luck 🤞
Sorry for the late reply we have been on holiday. Thank you telling me all of the above it makes me feel so much better! Sometimes he's so good and sometimes he's such hard work and naughty, it's like having two different dogs! Sometimes I feel as if I can't cope but I will keep in my head that it gets easier. Thanks again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bloody ****. This thread is terrifying.
😂😂 Yip I imagine it is ! If I had read this before deciding to get a Vizsla I may have given it a miss
But I’m so glad I didn’t, Reggie has turned into a fantastic dog worth the effort and more. Yes he’s still learning and yes he can still pee me off but overall he’s brilliant. He will be 2 soon but he’s much more eager to please and his devotion to me and the family makes my heart explode so not all bad 😉

·
Registered
9 Posts
We’ve had our girl Hannah for nearly 9 years, and she has been a delight the entire time (except maybe when she tore out every last dripper head from my 90’ long flower bed, when she was around a year old). Not once did she ever pee or poop in the house (we brought her home at 10 weeks old). She loves to cuddle and with the exception of the flower bed, has never destroyed anything. Our second V, which was actually for our daughter, has had more problems with potty training, but is still a delight. She’ll be 6 months old next week. We lost our little boy Boston Terrier a couple of months back, and decided to get another V because we are aging (60ish) and may not be able to train another V in our 70s. We also decided to leave our new V, Penny, with the breeder/trainer for an additional 8-10 weeks for some training. We are going out to California again next week to check on her progress and have a good visit with her, and can hardly wait to bring her home sometime in July.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts