Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums but I'd love some advice from those that have two V's!

I really want to get my almost 6yo male a sister to keep him company while we aren't home and so he has a regular play mate. He just seems so down when we aren't at the dog park with other puppies and he hates leaving when we do. We've also been dealing with some quite aggressive neighbour dogs this year and it's made him seem even more down and wanting to be with us even more (if that's even possible!) so I think he could really do with a friend to make him happy again.
I currently still live with my parents and their only reasoning for not getting a second one is that they fear two dogs will destroy our backyard. My current puppy doesn't dig or chew but he can churn up the grass and turn it to mud when he's playing which my dad has worked pretty hard to maintain our yard. They are under the impression that having two V's, they'll be playing 24/7 and won't settle. They'll constantly be running around and running a muck! I believe after a few weeks they'll realise that neither is leaving and they'll calm down and they'll just enjoy being in each other's company and sit together.

I've seen so many posts about how it's a really good idea to get a second one and I've been trying for ages to convince them so I thought I'd ask the advice of other owners and see what you all have to say! I'm trying to do as much research as I can so I can inform my parents and hopefully get another addition to our family!

Thank you for any advice or input!

·
Administrator
8,542 Posts
Sad to say your parents are correct.
With each Vizsla I added to my family, the backyard became more of a racetrack. While the don't play together 24/7, but they do play a lot. Mine are 2, 5, 7, and 10 years old. They still play chase, and play fight every day.
My backyard was solid grass, and had beautiful plants that ran along the fences. The plants are gone, and half the yard it now dirt from their games of chase.

Reactions: bjones98 and Gabica

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad to say your parents are correct.
With each Vizsla I added to my family, the backyard became more of a racetrack. While the don't play together 24/7, but they do play a lot. Mine are 2, 5, 7, and 10 years old. They still play chase, and play fight every day.
My backyard was solid grass, and had beautiful plants that ran along the fences. The plants are gone, and half the yard it now dirt from their games of chase.
Oh ****! Thank you for letting me know your experience with them though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts