Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have a male Viz,Wiley, he is just about 5 mnths old. Very sensitive. Hes very well-behaved always comes back when out etc, doesn't bite or nip etc.
Anyway I have been asked to look after another male viz pup, Cooper, who is about 4 mnths for a friend in the day whilst they're at work. Cooper is quite dominant and is cocking his leg already.
They brought their pup around the other day and they both started playing, but then it kept turning nasty and Cooper kept barking and showing his teeth to Wiley. We kept separating them when they got to carried away. I think they are trying to work out whoose boss, i just dont want either one to get hurt.
Has any1 had this sought of situation before with young dogs? I would love them to get on and to have fun together, but I dont want to have Cooper here if it's not going to be possible and one might get hurt.
Next week we are going to try meeting with Cooper out on a big walk and then hopefully they will be more tired at home.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I was in the same situation with Chihuahuas some years back. We had a really sweet and loving male, and our friends needed us to take care of theirs who seemed happy go lucky as well for a couple of weeks.

We read somewhere (can't remember exactly what) that if you walk the two dogs together, it helps them bond as well establishing them as part of a pack. Later that night, they were playing in our living room without the slightest snarl or growl.

That's really the only thing I can think of. Good luck to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts