Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, just found these forums and was hoping for some advice. My wife and I have a 13 week old pup, Sadie. We thought we had gotten the potty training thing down. No accidents for two weeks, she was reliably coming up to us and giving us two grunts telling us it was time to go outside. It was great.

This past week my wife had to have surgery so we had my mother in law watch Sadie for a few days while we were away at the hospital. During that time she had several accidents while being cared for by my mother in law and has obviously regressed. Subsequently, she has had numerous accidents in the house since we've come home, and she no longer comes up to us to let us know she has to go out. The only way to stop her is to watch her like a hawk and anticipate when she needs to go. We continue to give positive reinforcement when she does her business, but it's almost like she doesn't care anymore. What happened? Will she get back on track if we just keep doing what we've been doing or do we need to change our approach?

·
Registered
884 Posts
She got most probably confused about the change of care person, different body language, different scent etc.
I would go back and start taking her out regularly even if she does not give a sign that she gotta go. Big reward and cheering for doing her business outside. So practically same thing as a beginner puppy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts