Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a ten month old Vizsla who is pretty active typically, she goes on walks or runs almost every day and still gets super excited when she’s around other dogs or when we have people come over. Recently she’s acting very calm though and sleeping a lot more during the day than I remember. She will go outside in the yard for a bit and come in and sleep on the couch for hours. Normally when we would have the tv on and sit on the couch she would chew something or want to go outside and play and now she will go outside briefly then come in get next to me on the couch and just sleep constantly. Is this normal? She’s our first Vizsla and I am not sure if she’s sick or if I should get her checked out by a vet, she will get up and run around like crazy whenever new people come in and she played hard this morning for about an hour with another puppy, but the sleeping for hours during the day is making me worry.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Any sudden, lasting change in behavior that you cannot figure out is worth a look by the vet. The longer you wait, the longer she could be uncomfortable or whatever she has becoming chronic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts