Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:-* My Purdey is one today!!! :-*
I can't believe how quick the year has gone :'( so for all you new puppy owners I know its hard work but don't wish the time away enjoy every minute of the hectic daily routine ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PURDEY MAY YOU HAVE A LONG, HEALTHY AND VERY HAPPY LIFE XXXX

PS will post pics of party when downloaded!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
barrel said:
Vincent said:
Happy birthday!! Vinnie was 1 on tuesday!! gone so quick!!! but hey its been fun!
thankyou guys x
may I ask where you got vinnie vincent
I only ask as we got Purdey from a Dorset breeder which would be half way between us.
BB

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got Vinnie from Luton. I was wondering the same thing would be great if they were related. How is Purdey doing? 10 Months have just flown by!! He has stopped growing in height now, he just needs to fill out his teenager frame!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw your pic s of Vinnie and its like seeing her double - GORGEOUS!!
Purdey is 21 Kilos and stands 23" to her shoulder (hard measuring a moving dog!)
I was being a muppet as we had her party on the wed but her birthday was the tues -same as Vinnies..I must of been having a blonde moment and got confussed when writing the post!
( I am blonde so no offence meant to anyone ;D)
Thought I might of found a long lost sibling for her but never mind.
Best wishes
BB

PS... are Purdeys measurements average? how big is Vinnie as being male slightly bigger I assume.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here's to a belated Happy Birthday to Purdey ... Ziva and I have tried several times to post a happy birthday message along with a photo but
it just wouldn't take... so this time we will just say here's to many many more years of Vizsla fun, frolic and red dog love!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi BB,

I think Rosie and Purdey (maybe Vinnie too) are the same birth sign...we're right behind you. Can't wait to see the pics. Yeah, so I guess this makes them teenie-boppers.

Sarah

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sarahaf said:
Hi BB,

I think Rosie and Purdey (maybe Vinnie too) are the same birth sign...we're right behind you. Can't wait to see the pics. Yeah, so I guess this makes them teenie-boppers.

Sarah
Yep me too (GEMINI) just had my b'day also... but far from a teenie-bopper me! ;D leave that to our Purdey girl and the kids ::) happy days !
Is Rosie measurments similar to Purdeys ?? Trying to work out how big she will be...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi BB,

I'm a gemini too! And no teenie bopper. Rosie is about the same weight, a bit heavier maybe (we're trying to work on that). I'm not sure about her height, not measured it in a while.

Sarah

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi sarah when you say you are woking on her weight do you mean trying to put on or work off?
You can see Purdeys ribs but she doesn't look underweight nor would I say overweight. She only eats about 300gm of kibble a day ( should have bout 330gms on average) Plus training treats and 1 hot dog and 2 slices of salami for recall when she's off lead (bout 30/40 mins)daily plus another 20/30 mins on lead walk daily. She's a total couch potato compared to most V's so always worried I am giving her too much/less food or too less exercise. ???
Ive been told an average female V is about 25kg and at a year they stop growing in height and just fill out muscle tone-do you know if this is correct? I shouldn't worry too much as she's very happy and healthy but just want to do the best for her xx
BB

·
Registered
582 Posts
Don't worry! You are supposed to see ribs in a vizsla, we worry because we still can't. The vet told us she was a bit pudgy and could stand to trim down (not by a lot), we're trying to work on it but it's tough--like you say, the training treats, the indulgence treats, etc. I don't know what her exact weight is now, though. I'll let you know when we see the vet. I'll also let you know her height when we get it. If you can see ribs at all, I'd bet Purdey's not over.

·
Registered
41 Posts
BB

sorry i keep trying to get up the vets and weigh Vinnie but really busy and off on holiday Saturday! Last time Vinnie was weighed he was 25.8Kg and he is about 24" tall. He has now stopped growing in height i think and is putting on a bit more muscle on the front. his back legs are already pretty chunky! Vet reckons (if that means anything) that he will end up being 30Kg.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts