Hungarian Vizsla Forums - View Single Post - What is it Your Vizsla is allergic to?????Please
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 05:35 PM
rudolph

Re: What is it Your Vizsla is allergic to?????Please

I came here today to ask the same question! About a week ago, we moved to a new house with 3 fenced acres, and Barnaby has been in heaven running off leash. There was no problem until yesterday morning, when he woke up with lumps all over his body -- maybe they are hives, but most of them were really large (see the picture).

I washed all the sheets, dog beds, and the couch cushion covers in case there were mites or something like my new lotion or shampoo was causing the reaction, and also gave him a bath. The lumps receded and went away for the afternoon, then came back with the same severity in the evening. This morning they were mostly gone, and we've been walking him on-leash today in case it is something in the yard.

Since there wasn't a problem for the first week, if it is something in the yard, I assume it's because it's blooming or seeding or something like that. There is some tall grass, but that's never caused him problems before (and he's run around in a lot of it).

Edit: He's not particularly itchy and it's not affecting his eyes, mouth, mucous membranes, or his breathing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bumps.jpg (66.2 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg bumps.jpg (66.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg bumps.jpg (66.2 KB, 16 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome