Hungarian Vizsla Forums - View Single Post - how long do you walk you vizsla for
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 08:50 PM
madaboutvizslas

Re: how long do you walk you vizsla for

When I am working my 8-1/2 year old V gets a half hour walk in the morning and then runs around in the back yard for the rest of the day. Five days a week she seems pretty content with this. In the weekend she gets at least one long walk/run.

Sometimes during the day my wife is at home and sometimes the V is home on her own between 8:30am to 3:30pm. If this is the case then sometimes I try to come home for lunch. During these long periods at home is when the MISCHIEF happens. My gumboots are now half as high, sometimes we get the odd hole in the lawn and the washing can come off the line. Everytime something like this happens I ask the V was it you and she just smiles and says I'm glad your home. :-* She has never done any serious house damage.

She does whine and bark a bit when separated from the family. 1notenough said somewhere that 1 is the loneliest number and he is probably right but 2 must be like a tornado!

I always work in some training to the morning walk. So 90% of the things she has learnt have been done during Mon to Fri. I can now get her to walk at heel without the lead fairly consistently. Come, wait, stay, sit, down, stand, shake all work too. I also have some hunting commands. I always try to finish with a game. They really like learning new stuff. I think this helps work their mind.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome