This is what is frustrating. We can't find one disease that explains all of his symptoms. Tetanus could be an option if he breathed in spores. He hasn't had any wounds for as long as I can remember so I don't think he would have caught it from a cut etc. We have one that explains the protein loss at least, but again whatever chronic condition he has could just be causing that. The other stuff we aren't sure on. The others that could explain his other symptoms don't really make sense based on his travel &/or medical history etc.
I'm hoping his protein levels are up when we do his bloodwork in a week or so, but I'm thinking we'll probably do the CT either way because he still isn't comfortable and his jaw is bothering him.
Could use some good thoughts for Willard today. He started having severe nose bleeds this weekend and has lost a lot of blood. He's at the vets getting a rhinoscopy to see if they can find what is causing the bleeds and to try and get them under control. We're not sure if he'll make it
Thank you for the kind words. We decided to let him go this morning. He wasn't in good enough shape this morning for the Rhinoscopy and he had blood in lungs, urine and stool. The vet offered to do a transfusion but he was honest that he couldn't get the bleeding to stop so it would just buy him time. (Everything in his bloodwork showed that his blood should be clotting but it wasn't). We decided it was better to not make him suffer longer.
Fortunately, we were able to take the kids and dogs down to say our goodbyes. Probably the hardest thing I've ever done.