Re: Foul odor from anal glands! Should we empty anal glands?
Thanks for all of the great comments about our "stinky" dog. We do keep the table scraps to a minimum (may have to check with our 11 year old to be sure she has quit sneaking food to Zoey?). We feed Zoey about 2 cups of Science Diet Advanced Fitness twice a day (she just turned a year old), and use a few treats here and there to aid in training sessions. Her poo is very formed about 70% of the time, but the other 30%seems to be very loose and even hard for her to pass through at times. The foul odor seems to come at random times, but at least once or twice a day, often more. She has had the smell as a little puppy, and before and after she was fixed. .......Again, thanks for all of the comments!