Hungarian Vizsla Forums banner

Safe travels over the holidays

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  texasred 
#1 ·
Wishing everyone has a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or however you choose to celebrate this time of year.
Hope everyone is surrounded by family, and friends.

June, and Cash 2016
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Christmas tree

Cash 2016
Christmas tree Christmas ornament Christmas Tree Christmas decoration

Ranger 2017, and not to impressed with the Santa hat
Vizsla Dog Canidae Dog breed Sporting Group

See less See more
Reactions: Anida and tknafox2
#2 ·
June with her Christmas present.
Ranger does not like toys, so he will get to go chase pheasants tomorrow.

Attachments

Reactions: Anida and tknafox2
#3 ·
Spent a lovely quiet morning with Mom ( she just turned 90 and lives with me... just us two and the dogs)... then went over to daughters... my son in-law broke his back
snowboarding with his sons, last week in Mammoth. He came home yesterday after a successful surgery. "L1 burst fracture". He is not comfortable, but getting around
well, considering.
Santa was good to Pearl and Zeke, they seem to be enjoying their new toys. Pearl got 3 little squirrels and put the squeakers out of commission as fast as she could. Zeke loves his reindeer. But then he LOVES all toys!!
Blessings to all our Forum friends.

Attachments

#5 ·
I was told by previous owners he didn't play with toys. I have a whole basket filled with toys, and he's never once touched them. Even when Abbey would cover the floor in toys, he just hasn't been interested. Yesterday he finally decided to get treats out of the kong wobbler.

Reactions: tknafox2
#7 ·
Two years with his previous owners, and months with me.
This week he decided, he does like toys.

Attachments

#8 ·
YAY!!!!! Now some new games like hide the toy and find it, or just catch it... I know most hunters are not taught or allowed to play tug. Our dog trainer didn't even want Fergy to HAVE toys. Come'on...

I am so HAPPY to hear Ranger has broken that ice!! Just another sign!

#10 ·
I look at it as a good sign.
Happy, playing and not under stress.

We did have some set back, when Abbey left us. They had bonded quickly, and played endlessly together.
There were a some days I thought, What have I done. SA dogs don't do well with change, and her leaving was a huge change for him. It took him a couple of weeks to adjust.
Her new family loves her, so it was the right decision.

Reactions: Anida
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.