She ate 2.2 oz of coffee beans - Hungarian Vizsla Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By einspänner
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
She ate 2.2 oz of coffee beans

My Vizsla is 7 months and weighs 29 pounds. about 45 mins ago she ate (near as i can tell) about 2.2 oz of coffee beans (unlikely it was any more than that). No signs of panting or other symptoms. How does the forum feel about that much beans?
Butch is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,554
I'd put a call into your emergency vet for the best advice. You may still be within the window to induce vomiting. Hope she's okay!
gingerling likes this.
einspänner is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 08:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Gabica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Texas
Posts: 537
i missed this message. is she ok?
Gabica is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Administrator
 
texasred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by einspänner View Post
I'd put a call into your emergency vet for the best advice. You may still be within the window to induce vomiting. Hope she's okay!
2x

I hope your pup is okay.

Not all those who wander are lost.

Life is just a leap of faith.
Spread your arms and hold your breath and always trust your cape.

Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.
texasred is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 951
List of toxic human foods to dogs (not exhaustive):

Coffee grounds, chocolate, macadamia nuts, grapes, raisins, mushrooms, garlic, onion, booze... Always induce vomiting ASAP, and call vet ER.

I hope puppers is OK and you called the vet. Usual tx is vomiting and 36 hrs of intravenous fluids to wash the toxins out of the system and protect kidneys and other vital organs.

Note that your dog NOT showing symptoms is not an indication that permanent damage is either not underway or has already happened! Ingestion=Vet call!
gingerling is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Hungarian Vizsla Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome