Hungarian Vizsla Forums - View Single Post - How much exercise is enough for a Vizsla in an apartment?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Mercutio

Re: How much exercise is enough for a Vizsla in an apartment?

I think you've been given some pretty good advice, but here is my $0.02 in aussie dollars.....

Merc is now 3.5 and we have noticed a big difference in hs behavior in the last year. He still goes for two walks a day, on lead before work and a run in the park after and goes to doggie day care one day a week. But in the evenings he is much happier to settle down and just chill with us rather than needing to be occupied ALL the time like he did when he was one. So for us it has gotten a little easier.

Mischa is right, it is 2 walks a day, every day, even when you're not feeling great and even in the worst weather. Merc does turn up his nose at the pouring rain but has a great time once he gets out in it and if we don't walk then I pay for it later when he wants to do high speed loony laps of the house.

Don't forget about mentally tiring them out either. They seem to have amazing brains and if they arent kept busy that's when the trouble starts. We found doing some training every night with Merc went a lot further to tiring him out and giving us some peace and quiet than enormous walks did.

It's worth it though for that goofy grin and a tail wag so big their whole body wiggles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome