Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Recent

Random Photo

Sorry, you do not have permission to view pictures!
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 92033
  • Total Topics: 9951
  • Online Today: 131
  • Online Ever: 368
  • (January 02, 2014, 08:27:33 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 54
Total: 58

Author Topic: Velcro syndrome?  (Read 1888 times)

datacan

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 1488
    • View Profile
Velcro syndrome?
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:32:11 AM »

Our V developed a new habit. He now likes to squeeze, wedge himself  in between us, the tighter, the better.
He will stay wedged, in seemingly impssible shapes for hours, or unlit someone stands up. It's nice because he doesn't chew or lick, just lies motionless. Very convenient to watch movies.

Velcro syndrome or do they like to squeeze in tight, warm spaces? Cannot recall our previous dog ever doing this.
If you want the best seat in the house ... move the dog

Ozkar

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 1573
    • View Profile
Re: Velcro syndrome?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:03:23 AM »

Just sounds like your dog is lining the family up in what they think is the order of importance........... :)

It's just them wanting to be part of the cuddle. Prior to me becoming single, Ozkar used to do this. He would sit in between us to make sure he got as much loving as my partner did :)

Even when a friend came over recently, we sat on the couch together. We have been close friends for 20+ years, so are comfortable with each other and were relaxing on the couch together. Soon enough, Astro and Zsa Zsa came and wiggled there ways in between us. I am not worried by it in behavioural terms. I look at it as one of those things a benevolent leader chooses not to make important and just enjoy it.  :)
Check out all the adventures of Ozkar, Astro and Zsa Zsa at http://aussievizsladiaries.blogspot.com.au/

Coco

• Liked: 10
  • Coco at 11 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 01:36:51 PM »

Coco is very affectionate.  She loves to be close. However - If my husband and i are sitting closely - she goes and lies in her bed and sighs.  :)

However if close friends or family come over and if they get any sign of affection - she "must" be part.  She become a navy seal and will jump, wiggle,crawl .... into the hug - the centre of the hug! 

threefsh

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 1014
    • View Profile
    • Living the Life of Riley
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 05:13:28 PM »

Our girl likes to wedge herself between us in bed at night, much to the chagrin of my poor hubby!  ;D
Check out Riley & Cooper's blog:  http://ltlor.blogspot.com/

Riley - Born September 5th, 2011
Cooper - Born March 10th, 2012

"The dog represents all that is best in man." ~ Etienne Charlet

ironman_stittsville

• Liked: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 05:29:49 PM »

If Phoebe is on the bed with my wife and I (doesn't happen often) she tries to wedge herself between us and push my wife away. I think she is trying to make sure that she is my number one lady.

My wife doesn't see the humour in it...

8-)
Rh.

R E McCraith

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 2417
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »

It's called den-ning  up the closer the better if you do not move you do not loose the best spot

Melda

• Liked: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 09:56:09 PM »

Tamra, my 6.5 year old V is a total velcro, she attaches herself to me whenever, wherever, we could be out on a run and I stop for water, she'll glue herself to my leg, I've had other breeds in the past and have not seen this type of behaviour in any of them  :o

I think this may be a bit extreme though, even for a V, as Leelu, my 5 month old V is not as dedicated. She's still a fantastic pup, always keeps us in sight on walks, but she is no velcro like Tamra....yet 

Moose

• Liked: 14
  • Vizsla love
    • View Profile
    • Maple Bottoms Baby Boutique
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:45 AM »

Moose is a total velcro dog! loves to be touching someone at all times except when enjoying his time on his "princess and the pea bed ;-)  " . You all make me wonder, am I a mean mum...I don't let Moose sleep in bed with us??
proud owner of a neurotic Vizsla named Moose, and 4 kids 5yrs and under!
 We are, the "Em&Ms"

Ozkar

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 1573
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 05:04:28 AM »

Moose is a total velcro dog! loves to be touching someone at all times except when enjoying his time on his "princess and the pea bed ;-)  " . You all make me wonder, am I a mean mum...I don't let Moose sleep in bed with us??

Your a hard, hard woman!  ;) Poor little Moose is not offered the opportunity to sneak under the doona, slowly crawl all the way up and time it to perfection, so that you awake in the morning, with Moose snuggled up next to you with his head on your pillow smiling to greet you!!! :)

The pic below is only moments after Zsa Zsa arrived home from the shelter for the first time. It took a little encouragement to get her up as she had never had house, let alone bed privelidges before. But she soon got into the swing of things and most mornings I awake to her sweet little face watching me as I slowly come out of sleep to greet her good morning. As soon as I say good morning, both, or all three when I have Ozkar too, tails start smacking the bed from where they lay. It's one of the joys of life for me  :-[
Check out all the adventures of Ozkar, Astro and Zsa Zsa at http://aussievizsladiaries.blogspot.com.au/

harrigab

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • Liked: 2883
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 07:01:31 AM »

my arm is going to sleep as I'm typing this, pins and needles too,,,,Rubes is laid across my lap and pinning my arms down, maybe I should go back to a desktop pc :) :)
"never argue with stupid people, they may drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"..Mark Twain

Ruby's d.o.b. 21/6/2011

threefsh

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 1014
    • View Profile
    • Living the Life of Riley
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2012, 06:23:41 PM »

I was sitting on the couch the other day and my hubby laid his head on my lap. Riley, of course, HAD to come over and lay her head on my lap as well.  ::)
Check out Riley & Cooper's blog:  http://ltlor.blogspot.com/

Riley - Born September 5th, 2011
Cooper - Born March 10th, 2012

"The dog represents all that is best in man." ~ Etienne Charlet

Coco

• Liked: 10
  • Coco at 11 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 08:58:21 PM »

This is how I work or should I say, how Coco and I work ;D

Moose

• Liked: 14
  • Vizsla love
    • View Profile
    • Maple Bottoms Baby Boutique
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 12:53:41 AM »

too funny! Moose doesn't have furniture priviledges on the main floor but sneaks up on the couch in the playroom, and likes to warm the kids beds for them. if I let Moose sleep in our bed, I'd wake up to a dog on my pillow, 4 kids nuzzled in next to me, and my husband nowhere to be found....sleeping soundly in a kid's bed!! haha.  :o

Moose licks my husband's pillow all the time when hubby isn't home- is that a nervous thing, affectionate thing, orjust...WEIRD?!
proud owner of a neurotic Vizsla named Moose, and 4 kids 5yrs and under!
 We are, the "Em&Ms"

Advertisments

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 06:58:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

TinyPortal 1.0 RC1.1 | © 2005-2010 BlocWeb