I'm passing along info on a photo contest the Vizsla Club of America is running. [s]I will ask whether wirehairs are eligible and report back. [/s] Photos of wirehairs are welcome!
[size=12pt]2017 Vizsla Club of America Photo Contest[/size]
1. The contest is open to anyone.
2. Only previously unpublished photos may be entered.
3. Each photographer may submit up to two photos per category.
4. Prizes will be awarded to the photographer, not to the person who submits the photo.
5. Entries must feature a Vizsla in one of the following categories:
- [li]The Versatile Vizsla (Vizslas at work—field, agility, tracking, etc.)[/li]
Canines and Their Companions (Vizslas and those who love them)[/li]
[li]Holiday Hounds (Vizslas at Christmas, 4th of July, etc.)[/li]
Vizsla Puppyhood (Anything about puppies under 12 months)[/li]
Hungarian Goulash(Open category, if you just don’t fit elsewhere)[/li]
[li]Sugar-Faced Seniors (Celebrating our golden-agers)[/li]
6. The Vizsla Club of America will not be responsible for lost or damaged photographs.
7. Entries must be unmatted prints only, 4" x 6" size. Oversized photos will not be judged.
8. Each entry must have the category, name, address and phone number of the photographer taped securely to the back.
9. The judge will select the winners based on the quality of the photograph, composition, originality, appeal and relationship to the entered category. All decisions are final.
10. One winning photo will be selected as Popular Vote–Best in Show with the membership voting over the course of Nationals week. [size=10pt]Judge[/size]
Tara Gregg of Sporthorse Photography in Leucadia, California, will preside over judging the photo contest this year. Tara has an aptitude for animal photography and, for the past several years, has specialized in capturing moments that tell that dog’s story. To see some of Tara’s work, visit www.everydoghasastory.com
[size=10pt]Send entries to[/size]
VCA PHOTO CONTEST
379 Costa Mesa Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627-2354
If you would like to have your photograph returned, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope, or you may pick it up at the Nationals.
First, second, third and fourth place will be awarded
in each category. Additionally, Best in
Show, Reserve Best in Show and Popular Vote ribbons will be presented. The winners will be
posted on Friday during Best of Breed and ribbons picked up there.
[size=10pt]Must be received by Wednesday, April 12, 2017